DATE: Tuesday 23 March
In response to the announcement from the Australia Government on Sunday 22 March regarding the impact of COVID-19 and the mandated closure of gyms and indoor fitness facilities, ANU Sport will close Building 19 from midday Monday 23 March. This decision has been supported by the University to ensure the health and safety of our staff and patrons.
ANU Sport will continue operating remotely and will be available via email to answer any questions. Please continue to check our website, social media and the University website for the latest information > https://www.anu.edu.au/news/all-news/covid-19-advice
FITNESS CENTRE - UPDATE 23 March
The ANU Sport Fitness Centre will be CLOSED and all Group Fitness Classes CANCELLED from midday Monday 23 March for the foreseeable future.
FACILITY BOOKINGS - UPDATE 18 March
- All facility bookings have been CANCELLED and no new bookings will be taken at the present time. This will include, but will not be limited to:
o Free student hire
o Club training and competitions
o Commercial bookings
o Social bookings
o Pre-existing and drop-in bookings
o Ovals, Pavilions & Tennis Courts
INTERVARSITY SPORT - UPDATE 18 March
- All Intervarsity Sport will be CANCELLED or POSTPONED until Semester 2. No ANU Sport affiliated teams will be permitted to travel unless approved by the ANU Sport Senior Leadership Team.
- For latest news on UniSports click here.
CLUB OPERATIONS - UPDATE 20 March
- All club Operations will be CANCELLED or POSTPONED and now extends to all club activities including and extending beyond the ANU campus facilities. This decision has been made by ANU Sport with strong support from the University to mitigate the risk to our students and the ANU community being exposed to COVID-19. Please note all ANU Sport facilities are unavailable for hire.
INTERHALL SPORT - UPDATE 18 March
- All Interhall Sport taking place within ANU Sport facilities will be CANCELLED immediately. It is advised that all scheduled Interhall Sport is also cancelled or postponed. Please contact the Interhall Sport organisers for further information.
EVENTS CALENDAR 2020 – CANCELLATIONS AND POSTPONEMENTS
Please note the current status of the following events/courses.
CANCELLED (for Semester 1)
- Lunchtime Social Sport
- Short Courses
- Group Social Bookings
- Facility Bookings
POSTPONED (for Semester 1)
- Intervarsity Sport
- Interhall Sport
- Black Mountain Battle (ANU v UC)
- Blues Awards 2019
- Nationals Athletics
- Nationals 3x3 Basketball
- East Intervarsity Tournament
- Club Training