Start a New Club
One of the SRA’s purposes is to assist members establish affiliated sporting and recreation clubs.
In order to become an affiliated SRA club you must first;
- Adopt a constitution. A draft generic constitution can be obtained from the SRA
- Hold an AGM, electing an executive committee
- Set up a bank account in the name of the club
- Have at least 20 financial members that are all valid ANU Students or valid SRA members
- Membership needs to be a minimum of $30 for students and $50 for SRA members
The SRA can offer assistance and support through this phase of initial requirements so please use this resource.
From here an application for affiliation needs to be submitted via email. This must include;
- An application letter covering what your club will offer and how it will benefit the ANU community
- AGM minutes documenting elections, and adoption of constitution
- Bank Statements covering income from memberships
- Membership list including full names, Student/SRA numbers, and fees paid
If successful, your club will be granted probationary status for 12 months. During this 12 months your club must;
- Prove self-sustainability and contribution to the community
- Recruit and retain members
- Pass an SRA audit
Your club will then be granted full affiliation and be eligible for funding through the SRA grants system.
Best of luck and please do not hesitate to email or call the SRA if you need any help along the way.