Athlete Development Program Update
• We currently have 34 individual athletes and 5 ANU Sporting Clubs who are active members of our athlete development programs.
• This week we have a number of athletes that competed as part of the Australian Under 24s Mixed Ultimate team at the Asia Oceanic Ultimate Championship in Manilla from August 17-20th of August. A total of 4 ANU students and 5 representatives from the ACT included in the team.
• Elizabeth Humphries has recently returned from competing at the World Mountain Running Championships in Premana, Italy, finishing 29th out of 64 competitors. This result puts Elizabeth as one of the highest finishing Australian Women in this event for decades. Elizabeth is a member of our Athlete Development Program and has recently recommenced training at ANU Sport following her return from international competition.
• Anthony Joe recently returned from the SKYCITY Open in New Zealand, making the quarterfinals against some of the best competitors in the world. The result from this competition has moved Anthony up the ranks and he is now just outside of the top 100 badminton players in the world.
• We have a number of Fencing Athletes competing at the Sydney leg of the Australian Fencing Circuit from August 25th-28th. We have 3 athletes from the individual ADP, along with a number of representative from ANU Fencing Club that will competing in this event.