In the case of a serious incident, emergency services must be called on 000. If the incident occurs on ANU's Campus, in addition to calling emergency services call ANU Security (02 6125 2249).

Public Liability
Here is a copy of the General Product Public Liability Certificate.

You are required to fill out an ANU Sport Incident Report Form or ANU Sport Injury Report Form, within 7 days of the incident/injury occurring. You will then receive confirmation following submission and ANU Sport will assess the report and follow up as required. 

Which form should I fill out?
You will be required to fill out on of the following two forms. 

    a) ANU Sport Incident Report Form 

    To be completed when an event occurs which is either unusual, uncommon, or problematic.

    b) ANU Sport Injury Report Form 

      To be completed when physical harm or damage to someone's body was caused.

      Need to make a claim?
      Should an injured individual need to make a claim they will be supplied by ANU Sport the necessary paperwork. If you have not received this information, please contact When making a claim please ensure you have the following information:
      1) Claim form
      2) All medical invoices/receipts and medical reports. Please note that only scanned or original copies will be accepted, photos of documents taken on a camera/phone will NOT be accepted. 
      3) Any out-of-pocket expenses. 
      ANU Sport will then forward the claim onto the University Insurance Office on your behalf. the University Insurance Office Handles these claims and is the liaison point with Chubb Insurance as it is the ANU group policy that ANU Sport is covered by. 

      What is included in the claim?
      The claim will be with the ANU's Group Personal Accident and Sickness, policy number 01P0528644. 
      Here is the Policy wording.
      Please note the following surrounding policy coverage:
      1) This policy includes coverage for medical expenses that do not attract a Medicare rebate.
      2) If an expense is claimable through Medicare and there is a gap left over, unfortunately Chubb Insurance would not be able to cover that gap due to government legislation. 
      3) You have up to 12 months from the date of injury to lodge your claim.
      4) The cover for Non-Medicare Medical Expenses (such as physiotherapy) is 100% of expenses (after private health insurance benefit) incurred to a maximum of $20,000.
      5) An international student will usually not be eligible for Medicare so they would claim through their overseas health cover first, and thereafter lodge the gap with Chubb to be assessed. 
      6) There is a separate heading called out-of-pocket expenses, which carries a maximum limit of $5,000. This includes expenses like medical aids, local transport for purposes of seeking medical treatment and other non-medical equipment.
      7) Should any further medical expenses which are not claimable with Medicare or not fully covered by a Private Health Insurer be incurred, please forward these account (with the Health Fund Benefit Statement where applicable) for further consideration. 

      If you have any queries or concerns along the way, please don't hesitate to contact ANU Sport.